Tuesday, November 21, 2006

#69 - Modern Day Cowboy - Tesla - Mechanical Resonance

Some may say this is not metal. Perhaps. In any case it makes the list. This is one of those songs, that you may forget about. Tesla's career was a downward spiral, with each album getting more soft and commercial, but this gem from their debut is awesome.

In the early nineties, Spacebeagle and I tried to put a band together, and unfortunately, the results were disastrous, but one good thing that came out of it was that I found a new appreciation for this song, which I learned to play on guitar (of course I have forgotten it in the fifteen years since I learned it) .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you T-bone. This is a good song and it was enjoyable to play.

Metal Mark said...

I just listened to this album the other day.

CRAIG said...

Quality song by a quality band.

Anonymous said...

Saw Tesla open for Def Leppard on the Hysteria tour in Providence, RI. I remember being in line for food and the lights went down.....1st song was this one. Never ate but I got to see the band.