Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Bush v. Kerry (aka Dumb and Dumbererer)

I am not a political guy. I actually hate politics. But in the wake of the recent death of President Reagan, I thought I would offer some political observations. Reagan these days is becoming less about politics and more about history. During Reagan’s presidency I was growing up. I was 12 when he came in and 20 when he left. I was never old enough to vote for him or against him. So it is difficult for me to comment of the politics of Reagan and his administration.

Reagan has been praised in public lately and that is a good thing. I think his accomplishments as president certainly outweigh his shortcomings. For a scathing column on Reagan you can read Ted Rall’s column. As a side note I think Rall is an extremist who lives in a fantasy world and has no true understanding of how the world works. I have deliberately not posted a link because Rall is such a scumbag, if anyone is interested you can go to Google and type in “prick”.

Anyway, I digress.

Reagan was a politician that we had faith in. Maybe the last one. We trusted him. I think he honestly did what he thought was right for the United States. The “scandals” of his presidency involved international affairs (i.e. Iran Contra) and perhaps he circumvented the law, but he was doing what he thought was right. No president since then has had that kind of integrity. I think everyone knows the President should not receive a hummer from a fat intern.

That brings me to today and the 2004 election. These two boobs running for president make the choices in 1996 (which I thought horrendous at the time) look good. President Bush is a bumbling stooge. John Kerry is no better (besides he looks like the Snow Miser).

Many conservative pundits praise President Bush. I really do not know why. He has given tax breaks to the super wealthy while giving little to no relief to the upper middle class on down. He has done nothing to curtail government spending, and has been unable to comfort the country in times of war and terrorism. In short – he is not a good president.

John Kerry would probably be worse, as an increase in taxes and increased government spending would be disastrous. Furthermore, I cannot imagine he and his fellow Democrats taking a tough stand on terrorism, so that situation would probably worsen as well.

Will we ever see a politician like Reagan again? Probably not.

3 comments:

CRAIG said...

Interesting post, T. President Reagan surely brought a level of honor and integrity to the office.
Sadly, if ever given the chance I would take the low road. In fact I wish there was a fat intern here right now.

T-_Bone said...

IS it just me or does Kerry really look like the snow miser. Too bad Harvey Firestein isn't running against him. The debate would be astounding.

Guy Hutchinson said...

The "Snow Miser" comment and typing "prick" into Google were HYSTERICAL. I was on the floor laughing.