Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Finally on DVD

No, unfortunately it is not the Odd Couple TV series (not the New Odd Couple with Ron Glass and Demond Big Dummy Wilson) but almost as good.

The film Circle of Iron has been released on DVD. I have not gone out to buy it yet but I plan to get it soon.

For those of you unfamiliar with it, the film is (in my opinion) a kung-fu move for people who don't like kung-fu movies. David Carradine plays almost every major part in the film other than Cord, and he is very entertaining. He is witty and clever and he kicks some ass too.

From what I recall, the scenery is great and the entire mood of the film is enjoyable. Small parts by Eli Wallach, Roddy McDowell and Christopher Lee give the movie some star power, and while the ending is a bit geigh, the complete package is greater than the sum of its parts.

I am looking forward to buying and watching this DVD, I should get to it sometime before 2015 or so.

Finally, where is the "collector's edition" of The Warriors with the deleted scenes and bonus footage.

No comments: