Thanks to this blog I have decided that in order to post regularly, I have decided to post top ten lists. Quite lame, but it makes for easy bloggin'
OK, today's list - The Top Ten sitcoms in TV history:
10. Gilligan's Island - Seriously!!
9. The Jeffersons - Mr. Bentley rules!!
8. Two and a half men - New sit com on CBS this year. Charlie Sheen and Jon Cryer are great and the show keeps me in stitches. Really good stuff.
7. Cheers - I think this show was overrated and went on for way too long. Woody Harrelson and Kirste Alley were not adequate replacements for Coach and Diane, and the show suffered in its last few seasons. Although the Jeopardy episode is a classic.
6. Seinfeld - You may think this one should get a better rating, but for some reason, here is where it landed. I suppose the last couple of seasons were too silly, but even so, there were some great moments. Really what more can you say about this show.
5. Taxi - Sometimes this show took itself too seriously and I really hate when sitcoms do that. That is why All in the Family and MASH don't make this top ten. Taxi never went too far with it (ie MASH Dreams episode) and the funny moments (ie Iggy biting into the hash brownie) are gold.
4. The Simpsons - Some may say this is too low a rating, but it has got stale the last few years. Still seasons 2-7 are among the best stuff I have ever seen.
3. Sanford and Son - While sometimes Cheesy 70's humor creeps in here (The black and white cops) Redd Foxx and Demond Wilson are hilarious.
2. The Honeymooners - I know it is an easy pick, but the original 39 episodes are really funny. Have a marshmallow
1. The Odd Couple - There are so many great lines from this show, even after watching since I was five, I still crack up thinking about them. It is a crime that these are not on DVD. The rapport between Klugman and Randall is unbeatable. They worked great together; actually Jon Cryer and Charlie Sheen are the closest to come to Osc and Feel.