Tuesday, January 13, 2015

An Apology - Sort of

My last post was critical of a list of someone's top 100 albums of 1984.  While the list in question is certainly flawed and open for criticism and debate, I do not think it was without merit.

So, to reiterate, it was deeply flawed and I think that deliberately placing Dio, Iron Maiden and Metallica in the bottom 10 was begging for trouble.  Also the though of placing a 19 minute EP by Acid 50 places above the aforementioned bands is a complete joke.

However, there were a lot of hidden and forgotten gems on that list. 

Like I said, I probably only heard about half the albums/EP's on that list, and some of them I only heard once or twice.

So the list go me thinking maybe it would be cool to revisit the 1980's again.

So - that is what I am going to do.

Stay tuned for a detailed look back at 1980.

No comments: