Monday, August 18, 2008

#655


Another neat card for sure. I wish I had this one when I was a kid because I would have used it in my teams, but I didn't really have access to the 1973 high numbers. I probably had to use the 75. Not a terrible card, but kind of dull.


You see, the only way to collect cards is the traded way and not the say way. I remember looking through the newspaper for the transactions and every spring training buying a magazine with rosters. Ahhh - the good old days. Now, current rosters are available on the Internet, but in the 70's, rosters were printed once a year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is another one with a cool background. You don't see fences like those in todays baseball stadiums.

T-_Bone said...

True - I think that was Candlestick park, but I am not 100% sure.