Thursday, December 14, 2006

#46 - Stained Class - Judas Priest - Stained Class

A lot of title tracks lately. Anyway, Stained Class represents my favorite era of Judas Priest (aka the Les Binks era). Why Dave Holland, a grossly incompetent child molester drummer, was chosen to replace Binks is unknown. What is known is that Sin After Sin (I know Simon Phillips was the drummer, but he's good too) through Unleashed in the East is the best Priest era. Stained Class, the album, and in particular the song, is a prime example of the greatness that was Judas Priest, right before the era of the hot leather dude and Chester the drummer.

As a side note, I recall seeing Halford open for Maiden in 2000, and when Halford played this song, it was the highlight of his set.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you T-bone. This was Priest's best era. Stained Class is one of my favorite Priest songs overall.